The Davis Daily

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

How lucky I am...

I'm sitting here in Dallas (here for a 2 day work conference), and I've just been thinking about how lucky I am. It's like things are FINALLY going right and there is no major drama going on (knock on wood). Craig and I are doing better than ever, my mom is doing so much better, Maximo is just the definition of awesomeness, bills are getting paid, and I am one of those few individuals who actually love their job.

I say that I love my job because I sometimes take for granted the great things my firm provides: tons of professional development opportunities, really cool conferences like the one I'm at now (tonight we were at a kickoff event at a Dave & Buster's type of place, but with laser tag and bowling), first class status on Continental : ) and the chance to stay at the Westin (BEST HOTEL EVER. I told Craig that the next mattress we buy is the Westin Heavenly Bed.), and just a hugely fun and talented group of people I'm surrounded by. Plus the benefits are phenomenal. Seriously. Put it this way: with the vacation time I've rolled over from last year, I can take 2 MONTHS of vacation this year if I wanted.

Anyhoo, I'm just laying in my Heavenly bed updating my blog, so I was just thinking about how lucky I am in general. I haven't said that a lot over the past few years, but hopefully that's all in the past and only more good things are to come. : )

G'night!

P.S. I always forget how lonely it is to sleep by yourself, no matter how Heavenly your bed is. : (

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home