The Davis Daily

Friday, June 22, 2007

One resolution down...

So my most heart-wrenching epic journey has come to an end. I don't know any other way to say this except I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you well-acquainted with Craig and I, you know that I have been looking for a new job (currently I'm a receptionist) ever since I got my Master's degree 3 years ago. I have looked in many, many, MANY places, and I've started to accept that maybe I'll answer phones the rest of my life.

But for the past year I have been doing some assistant work for my company's manufacturing practice (this is how I've been able to occasionally travel). So the current assistant to the practice has decided to take on a new role, making the job I've been helping with officially open. So I applied and got it!

I'm not sure when I'll officially start my new role...we have to find, hire, and train a new receptionist. So I'll probably juggle both (like I have been) until that's done. And I'm not sure what my new title will be exactly...something like "Operations Practice Assistant."

The cool thing(s) about this job are plentiful: 1) I don't have to answer phones anymore, 2) it's something I've been doing for a while so I'm familiar with the people and inner-workings, 3) there's a VERY nice pay increase (so my resolution about getting my finances on track will come to fruition sooner that I had thought), and 4) and most importantly, there is still so much more opportunity for me to advance and grow professionally in this role. Right now I will be coordinating calls, conferences, serving as an assistant to our practice manager, with some knowledge work thrown in. And I am a HUGE geek so the knowledge stuff really excites me. You really can determine your own career path.

Anyhoo, I'll be off shortly to celebrate at a happy hour with some of my friends (or whoever shows up; it was sorta last minute) at the Blue Moose in Parma. Thanks to everyone who kept encouraging me during my job quest (especially Angie and Craig)...I am so lucky to have friends and family like you guys. sniff, sniff. : )

Adios amigos!

P.S. Milo has already told me that he expects steak for dinner at least 2x a week now that I'm making more money. Silly dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home