The Davis Daily

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've finally seen what Heaven looks like...

As many of you know by now, my beautiful nephew was born this week. Maximo Ballado Salviejo III was born on 4/26/07 at 6:07 pm. He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. even and was 20 inches long. He's so adorable too (of course, I'm biased). : )

So many people have waited for so long for him to arrive that it feels sorta surreal now that he is here. The few times I've seen him already I couldn't stop staring at him. It's only on rare occasions that I'm at a loss for words (or as Craig would say, "That would be never."), but there are none to describe how happy I am for Angie and Max. I feel so lucky that I could be a part of this experience with them, and so grateful that they let me share it with them...

I used to think that I knew what love at first sight was. Until I saw my nephew I realized how wrong I was. The very first time I looked at his little face, I knew that I loved him more than I thought possible when meeting someone for the first time. I'm so excited to think of all the things to come: his first smile, his first laugh, his first steps, and the first time he calls me Auntie Roxanne. Although no kid can say my name correctly (hence Kathy's daughter calling me "Auntie Rocket") so it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Anyhoo, I've got to go now and upload my pics from my camera to my computer. You can be sure that I'll be gushing about my nephew in many posts to come.

P.S. To be pre-emptive, I don't know when mine and Craig's turn will be. : )

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

"Auntie" Roxanne, congrats on the new arrival. I am so happy for Angie and your whole family.

Was so charmed to find your blog--with mum's help. (I indulge my pensive moods with a blog, too: http://AimeeHJ.blogspot.com. Soon to be wildly updated with News of the Couchbound now that I am recovering from a sudden and unexpected surgery!)

Hope you are well. I think of you and your family often. Your post about sisters spoke to me because, as you know, I never had a sister by blood--but when we were small, you and Angie were awfully close to it.

Stay in touch.

Aimee

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home