The Davis Daily

Monday, March 19, 2007

My annual plea...

It's that time of year again where I test my fund-raising skills for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS, or MS for short). Last year, due to the generosity of my family and friends, I raised almost $500 which was the most on my team of 35 people. So my goal this year is to actually reach $500. C'mon guys, help me get bragging rights two years in a row!

Since most of you know my story I'll just give a quick recap: this will be the 9th year I've participated in the MS Walk. I got involved because my friend Kathy's dad was diagnosed with MS a few years ago. I've known Kathy for 16 years, so I've seen her dad's progression from healthy to being diagnosed to now living with MS. For the most part my family and friends are healthy, so seeing someone go through a life-long illness with no cure is a huge eye opener and a reminder that we're so lucky...

So I am asking for anyone who is able to donate, no matter the amount. I know money is tight for a lot of us (Craig and I are struggling, friends are getting married, and babies are being born) but really, every bit counts. A lot of my donations last year were $5. Honestly, anything you donate is appreciated.

I will be taking donations until April 20th, with the MS Walk happening on the 28th. In the interest of full disclosure, I won't know if I'll be walking until the last minute. I will be in NYC for work on the 24th and 25th, and my sister is due to give birth the weekend of the walk. So it will be a last-minute decision. I hope that doesn't deter anyone from donating, but I wanted to clarify that in case anyone was going to donate per mile walked.

Thanks so much in advance for anyone who will donate, and I will send a reminder email a week before the walk. Thanks again, and please pass this on to anyone you feel may be interested in donating.

Roxanne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home