The Davis Daily

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Some food for thought...

I've been thinking about what I've wanted to post for a while...I didn't want to do something Christmas-related since I'll do that later, and it's actually been sort of quiet for a while (knock on wood). Then I found an email with a bunch of quotes...normally I just delete those emails but some of these really resonated with me, especially with the way life has been lately. So in no particular order, some words to live by that everyone can use:

  1. It can always be worse (a favorite of mine right now)
  2. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened
  3. Don't try so hard...the best things come when you least expect them to
  4. Don't waste your time on someone who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
  5. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you
  6. There's always going to be people that hurt you, but you have to keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time
  7. To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world
  8. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry

And finally, a paragraph that I stole off of a friend's blog...I thought it was so good that I printed it out and posted it on my fridge:

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home