The Davis Daily

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hola from Houston!

Yes, I'm in Houston right now for some training for work, so now that I'm in my room and have finished my delicious room service meal, I figured I have some time for a post.

I've been in Houston since Monday night and go home tomorrow night. One of my counterparts is leaving my firm next week, so she and I are in town to meet with my boss (this is where she's based) to go over what we need to do and what needs to be done before she leaves. Although we'll never be able to replace her, we need to figure out how we're going to stay afloat until we get someone in her role. It's a tough job to do. : (

Last night my boss took Swita (my co-worker) and I to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show. It was my first real rodeo and was pretty cool (was even on ESPN 360). And I have never seen so much bedazzled or bejeweled items in my life...put it this way, I saw bejeweled travel cups. Travel cups!! Then after the rodeo was a concert by Rascal Flatts. They were really good even though the acoustics sucked. We left after we heard "God Bless the Broken Road" which was Brian and Kim's wedding song (and my fave from them). Then I couldn't fall asleep when I got back to my room and watched VH1 Pop Up video for like 2 hours. Go figure.

So right now I'm just sitting here watching American Idol (did you know that Ford is a sponsor of AI? Huh. I hadn't heard.). I don't really have a favorite right now...although I do think that the Aussie dude is cute since he reminds me of an ex. But I knew that I watched it tonight for a reason: I found out that Hell's Kitchen comes back on April 1st!!! It's donkey season DONKEYS!!! And if you don't like it, then you can SHUT IT DOWN, DONKEYS! I think that I'm still jet-lagged, because I'm getting giddy and silly. Last season I got Angie hooked on that show, and I ended up watching it over there every week while texting snarky comments back and forth with Jeff and Kristen. Good times.

Anyhoo, I probably should get going and start packing for my flight home tomorrow, since I'm leaving directly from the office. And like I said, I'm getting silly so I don't want you guys to think that I'm totally wacky (somewhat wacky is OK, totally is not).

Adios from Houston

P.S. I REALLY miss Craig and Milo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home